Evanston Homes for Sale in Calgary
Included below are homes for sale in Evanston. If you would like more information on any of these Evanston real estate listings, just click the "Request More Information" button when viewing the details of that property. We can provide you with disclosures, past sales history, dates and prices of homes recently sold nearby, and more.
And, if you haven't already, be sure to register for a free account so that you can receive email alerts whenever new Evanston listings come on the market.
Evanston Calgary Real Estate & Houses
Located in the Northwest quadrant of the city, Evanston is one of the fastest-growing communities in Calgary. The neighbourhood is conveniently located near Stoney Trail and Shaganappi Trail, making commuting almost effortless.
Bordered by the communities of Kincora and Sage Hill, Evanston is a youthful community home to many parks and green spaces meant to encourage neighbourly interactions. Developments may have started over 17 years ago, but new schools and amenities are still popping up and new developments are being scheduled within the community. Between 2010 and 2014, the population of Evanston almost doubled and continuous growth can still be seen today. The community is nothing short of a suburban oasis for the many young couples and families who call Evanston home.
Evanston Housing Market
While luxury developments can be found in the community, Evanston is home to affordable, single-family homes and multifamily developments such as townhomes. The houses in Evanston are a vibrant array of colours and designs, breaking the suburban “cookie-cutter” mould and brightening up the community.
The neighbourhood is made up of almost 90% of homeowners and 10% renters. Over 60% of Evanston residents are families, with the remaining 40% a mix of young couples and singles. Single-family detached houses make up the majority of the community.
Evanston Neighbourhood Amenities
Living an active lifestyle isn’t hard to do in the community of Evanston. Endless pathways and green spaces can be found throughout the community. Nose Hill Park, one of the largest urban green spaces in North America, is only 10 minutes away, and the community itself is home to a variety of wetlands and creeks. Evanston’s collection of parks and green spaces is perfect for dog owners with many supporting off-leash activities.
Vivo recreational facilities are less than 10 minutes from the community center and Creekside Shopping Centre is home to an array of grocery stores, shops, and restaurants. Family-focused restaurants such as Boston Pizza and the Bro’Kin Yolk - titled 2018’s best breakfast spot in Calgary - are perfect for family outings and social gatherings. Not to mention that Creekside is home to many health and wellness facilities such as optometrists, physio and massage therapists, as well as the Creekside veterinary clinic for pet owners. Coffee lovers are also well taken care of in Creekside with Starbucks, Good Earth Cafe, and Tim Hortons just a short drive or a leisurely stroll away.
The Evanston Community Association offers information on community events and activities and has a calendar full of exciting activities to try with friends and family alike. Association President Robbie Morton describes Evanston as, “A community designed for open spaces, open doors and open hearts.”
Evanston Local Schools
Evanston is an idyllic community for families with young children, offering an array of scholastic options for over 1,500 students in the area. The Calgary Catholic School District offers Our Lady of Grace School (K-9) with another K-6 facility opening in the Fall of 2021. Currently, a middle school is proposed to open to meet the growing need for the area. The Kenneth D. Taylor school is a K-4 facility that currently supports over 500 students.
Evanston Public Schools: Calgary Board of Education (CBE)
Evanston Separate Schools: Catholic Separate School Board
Evanston French Immersion Schools: Calgary Board of Education (CBE)
Click here to find out Evanston’s school performance and ranking among all Alberta Schools in the Fraser Institute report.
Evanston Real Estate Agents
Looking to buy or sell a home in Evanston? Contact our team of highly skilled and experienced real estate agents to guide you through the entire process. With over 30 years of combined real estate experience, you can trust your local Evanston housing market experts.
Contact Lee Yousef & Associates of Urban-Realty - 403-689-3839 today to learn more about our exclusive VIP Home Buyer and Home Seller programs. Thinking of selling your Evanston property? Try our FREE Home Evaluation tool today to find out your Evanston property’s market value.
Back to North Calgary Real Estate
Disclaimer: Information herein deemed reliable but not guaranteed by CREB®.